Friday, April 15, 2011

Coffee and honey face mask

I absolutely love to make skin care products out of ingredients found in my kitchen! Many of the products we eat to nourish our bodies are just as fantastic for our skin. One of my favorite masks is made with honey and coffee! 

Coffee is a great ingredient for the skin. It's rich in antioxidants which prevent aging and repair skin damage. It is highly effective at removing toxins and reducing puffiness. Honey is a natural antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and is very moisturizing to the skin. This is simple to apply and you're skin will feel oh so soft after just 10 minutes. On a side note I swear the caffeine soaks right through my skin and gives me a little caffeine rush so maybe skip your morning cup of coffee when you apply it!


2tsp honey
2tsp used coffee grounds (caffeinated)


Mix together and apply to the skin, leave on for 10-15 minutes then wash off with warm water. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this one Christy! I'm a new follower ... Breanne McGuffy sent me the link! Visit me at www.bles-id.blogspot and give me a follow back! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!jules

    ReplyDelete